Philanthropy Wired: January 2023
Needs, wants, desires, and yes, sometimes fantasies. The new year brings with it the opportunity to evaluate and reframe, plan, and execute. The question for most organizations at any stage is what’s next, what can be accomplished, and what’s needed to bridge the divide between the current and the desired state.
Philanthropy Wired: August 2022
The news is replete with examples of the dark alleys of today, enabled by the Dark Web, unscrupulous crowd funding sites and “reputable” institutions.
Philanthropy Wired: December 2021
Symptoms Versus Causes: The Faustian Bargain Donors Face and the Rubik’s Cube of Impact Assessment
Philanthropy Wired: September 2021
From Chez Panisse to Uber – What the Challenge to Roe Tells Us About the Evolution of Corporate Social Responsibility
Philanthropy Wired: June 2021
To some extent all in the nonprofit industry whether on the giving or getting side, are activists, attempting to make a difference, or, in the immortal words of John Lewis, attempting to get into “good trouble.”
Philanthropy Wired: May 2021
Response to the global pandemic and uneven economic recovery by jurisdiction, from small to large impacts us all, and for practitioners in the nonprofit and nongovernmental organization arenas, both from the organizational perspective and the philanthropist’s perspective, every decision in the new normal requires practitioners to “orbit” decisions from an infinitely more complicated variety of angles.
Philanthropy Wired – April 2021
One of the most compelling pieces of evidence which led to the conviction of former Minneapolis Police Department officer Derek Chauvin in the killing of George Floyd was the video seen around the world, taken by then-17-year-old Darnella Frazier.
Philanthropy Wired – March 2021
“PEOPLE WILL FORGET WHAT YOU SAID, PEOPLE WILL FORGET WHAT YOU DID, BUT PEOPLE WILL NEVER FORGET HOW YOU MADE THEM FEEL.” –– MAYA ANGELOU
Philanthropy Wired – February 2021
ULTRA WEALTHY ACCOUNT FOR 36% OF INDIVIDUAL GIVING, GLOBALLY –– HOW TO EMPOWER THE OTHER 64%?
Philanthropy Wired – January 2021
As we enter 2021, I wish all a very Happy New Year. There are many reasons to be optimistic about the New Year, yet at the same time, I remain contemplative regarding what 2020 meant for all impacted by the pandemic
Philanthropy Wired – December 2020
Two headlines particularly caught my attention recently: Jack Dorsey’s Just Square Commits $100 Million to Boost Black-Owned Banks and Businesses and The Tax Rule That Inspired Billionaires and Movie Stars to Back Climate Moonshots.
Philanthropy Wired – July 2020
The heated topic of income inequality is generating a range of perspectives globally with everyone from Bill Gates to Democratic Presidential candidates to philanthropist Sandy Weill
Philanthropy Wired – April 2020
The world has changed, and the new coronavirus economy is reshaping how we work and live
Philanthropy Wired – October 2019
Without question, one of the most enjoyable aspects of my role is to welcome new Associates to the firm via video conference calls
Philanthropy Wired – September 2019
S. Sutton & Associates Inc.’s September 2019 issue of Philanthropy Wired is brimming with updates and trends from the world of philanthropy.
Philanthropy Wired – August 2019
Welcome to the S. Sutton & Associates Inc. Philanthropy Wired, August 2019 newsletter!